Friday, April 20, 2012

How To Get Your Hair Fire Red

This question was literally asked almost 3 times a day everyday and almost 10 times when I would post a picture. Although I would do my best to direct them to my video, it seemed as if people wanted me to take my time to respond to only them. I won't lie, one of the reasons why I changed my hair color was because of the bizarre amount of questions I would get a day! I would get stopped everywhere and especially in lines at the grocery store or malls.
Anywho, to get to the actual question . How did I get my hair fire red? It was actually really simple. Many people will probably wanna shoot me after I say this but, after I did some RESEARCH for many days, I knew exactly what to do.
I heard a lot about special effects hair dye but unfortunately, they don't sell them around where I lived and I really didn't wanna order them online.
One day, I went to walgreens by my old work and saw the hair dye luscious rasberries. Ever since then, I spent hours looking at reviews and following up with pictures and videos from google and youtube. Since I heard 50/50% feedback, I was pretty scared so I just decided to dye my hair blonde on top for some weird reason which came out like the picture above. Once I got bored with it, I knew I wanted my hair red. So I went to buy it. It came with everything I needed(hair dye, gloves& bleach). I didn't have to bleach my hair much since it was already blonde at the top. My hair was also light brown so the bottom part was only necessary for about 15 minutes. I will say though. When they say it stains... they really mean it. After I applied the red evenly, I washed out my hair and was in shock for about 2 hours. My head was so red ! I had dots on my scalp that didn't come off until another week or so. My first picture with red hair was this one ->. After that, I just continued to retouch my hair with L'Oreal hi lights in red and a 20 vol developer that I purchased at Sallys since it doesn't stain your head and it's very easy to apply. &i did that every month and a half . I wash my hair once every three days and try to keep away from drying my hair at much as possible. It lasted for 8 months until spring/summer came (: now i'm ready for dipping in the pools and beaches . Hope this helped !

No comments:

Post a Comment